Tips for getting the best insurance quote.
General insurance tips:
- Have your current insurance policy in front of your when requesting your insurance quote.
- Consider a higher insurance deductible.
- Consider placing all of your insurance policies with the same company to qualify for a multiple policy discount.
For a car insurance quote
- Be sure all vehicle discounts are applied (Anti-lock brakes, Alarm system, daytime running lights, vin-etching, etc.).
- Take a defensive driving course.
- Be very accurate about your mileage to and from work.
- Ask about affinity discounts (AAA, Sam’s club, etc.).
… For a life insurance quote
- Consider level premium term insurance.
- If you are a smoker, stop for at least 13 months and request that your insurance company consider you for a nonsmoker insurance rate.
… For a homeowners insurance quote
- Be sure that your home is insured to value
- Be sure all home discounts are applied (Alarm, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, dead bolt locks, etc.).
- If your older home has been renovated, tell your agent.
… For a health insurance quote
- Consider a higher co-payment or deductible.
- Find a group insurance plan (Chamber of commerce).
… For a long-term insurance quote
- Consider a longer elimination (waiting) period.
- Buy coverage when you are young (premiums are lower).
- Pick a daily benefit based on where you live.
… For a business insurance quote
- Be sure you are not paying for coverage that does not apply to your business.
- Ask your agent if there is a special program for your type of business.